The first thing we did was the front suspension, steering, brakes and replace the missing parts on the
We started with a complete removal of all the suspension and steering componets and replace them with a set up
from Mustang Plus. We installed gas shocks with 620 springs to lower the car about 1 inch and installed a 1.25 inch heavy
duty sway bars. All of the old rubber componets were upgraded to polyurethane.
We also decided to go with disk brakes on front during our upgrade since we had the front end all apart.
The original drum brakes were always a problem for Mustang owners and we felt safety was very important.
When The 66 was parked in the field, someone had used it as a parts car and removed the grill assembly. We changed
the look with a Billet Aluminum grill and "blue" halogen headlights on top of the Shelby fiberglass street apron.