Make your own free website on Tripod.com

Christophers 66 Mustang Restoration and Modification

Home | First day | Cool Stuff Done | Front End | Rear End | Seats | Interior | Engine Pull | Engine Compartment | Engine Install | Hydraulic Clutch | ID a T5 | T5 | Body Work | Scoops | Front Disc Brakes | Relays for Halogen headlights | Driving Lights | Aux 12V Power | IVR | First start up | Cowl Repair | New Doorskin | First Drive!!! | Primer Paint | Paint | Paint Booth | Anti-Syphon | Reassembly | Alignment | Adjustable Strut Rods | Drive shaft | Side skirts | Valves | Cooling | Exhaust | 3.55 Trac Loc Rear | Stereo | Fender rolling | Contact Us | 66 Information

Seats

seat.JPG

The car was in desperate need of of a complete new interior. It was very dirty and seats were torn. Carpet was molding and it was time to just replace everything. Seats were removed and reupholstered with a kit from Mustang Plus.

seat1.JPG

Seats were torn but felt solid

Let the fun begin!

:)

seat3.JPG

seat5.JPG
Foam was in good shape. We added strips of 1/2 inch additional foam all around the outside edges

seat5a.JPG
Seat with needed tools to remove old cover

seat5aa.JPG
Christopher removing old Hog Rings

seat6.JPG
1/2 inch foam was added to the outside and middle section (not pictured) to fill out new cover

seat7.JPG
Picture of Dad removing the lower track from from frontseat

seat8JPG.JPG

It took about 8 hours to reupholster with a kit from Mustang Plus. We found after doing one of the front seats that the new cover was not stretched tight enough. We removed all of the hog rings and bought 1/2 inch thick foam from a fabric store and used spray adhesive to glue it around the outside edges of the top and bottom of the front seats. We also did this on the back seat with and additional strip in the middle. It gave the seats a MUCH better feel and filled out the cover nicely.

seat9.JPG

front.jpg
Front seats installed. NOTE the 3 point seat belt we installed for safety

rearheadliner.jpg
Rear seat, covered side panel and headliner. We covered the side panel with the same material

seat4.JPG
side panel before gluing material on with contact cement

headliners.jpg
Had to remove windows to install headliner